York Swinegate Quarter
If you need information on York Swinegate Quarter, then you are in the right place.
- About The Quarter The Quarter is a name given in the 1990’s to a collection of streets situated between Stonegate and Petergate.
- Grape Lane is part of the city’s rejuvenated Swinegate Quarter, so called after the medieval pig market. At the far end an intriguing snickelway called Coffee Yard connects the lane with Stonegate.
- The old quarter of York (also called the Minster quarter as the Minster is within it) is a vibrant area of the city to visit. It is surrounded by the city walls with entrances to it through Bootham Bar and Monk Bar. A route around it takes you in Monk Bar and along Goodramgate, then up Church Street to …
- York is also known for its indie ‘quarters’ such as the Fossgate, Swinegate Latin quarter, The Shambles, Micklegate and Bishy Road as well as the ‘Fifth Quarter’ which …
- Review: Stonegate Yard is nestled down Little Stonegate in what is probably the most trendy area of York known as the Swinegate Quarter. The bar itself is situated within a beautiful Georgian townhouse with the main access down a narrow alleyway which opens out into a wonderfully quaint courtyard.
- York Swinegate Court East Swinegate York YO1 8AJ Google Maps. We’re a pleasant 10 minutes’ walk from York station, in the heart of York’s historic Swinegate Quarter. London Kings Cross to York takes less than 2 hours by train.
- Once, a dark alley called Grapec**tlane. Grape originally meant ‘grope’. It links Petergate with Swinegate. Hungate. Hungate, an offshoot of The Stonebow was once Hundgate – the street where dogs (hounds) were kept. It was a common medieval Viking street name. Jewbury. Jewbury was the Jewish quarter of York in medieval times.
- 15-19 Stonegate, York YO1 8ZW A Lively bar, situated in the lively Quarter area, serving a wide range of different cocktails, wines, lagers and craft ales.
- York’s Chocolate Story St Michael le Belfrey Register Office Main roads Restricted vehicle access Visitor Information Centres Place of Interest City wall Riverboat pick-up points Toilets Park & Ride City of York Council operated car park Other car parks Key to City Centre Map & Car Parking Fairfax House WC Castle CAR PARK 0 0 1000 ft 200 m
Did you find the information you are interested in about York Swinegate Quarter?
We hope you have found all the information you are interested in on York Swinegate Quarter. There is also a lot of other information related to wine on our website.