Winesap Apples Massachusetts
If you need information on Winesap Apples Massachusetts, then you are in the right place.
- Stayman-Winesap Apples Most popular apple at Terhune Orchards, tart, full rich flavor, excellent keeper. Chance seedling 1866.
- Mar 18, 2012 · Winesap is a well-known American heirloom apple, and was a major commercial variety in Virginia during the 19th century. Its origins are unknown but it probably dates back to the 18th century.4/5(4)
- Produce Fruit Apples Refine. Fresh Winesap Apples. Avg. 0.50 lb ea @ $ 2.69 lb. This is a variable weight item. You will be charged for the actual weight of the product. $ 1.35 ea ($ 2.69 lb) This is a variable weight item. You will be charged for the actual weight of the product. Sold out. Description;
- Winesap is a small, round, late-season apple, cherry red in color with a chewy skin. It has crisp, light yellow flesh, and is moderately juicy. It has outstanding flavor, more sweet than tart, with hints of cherry. It is an all-purpose apple, especially good for fresh eating and in cider.
- Description Winesap is deep crimson in color with a rather tough skin, and it has a firm, juicy, light yellow flesh with a wine-like sweet-tart flavor. It is an all-purpose apple that stores well, and it is favored for cider-making. Ripening dates range from late September to early November.
- Feb 22, 2021 · In the spring, Winesap apple trees provide a lacy show of white or soft pink blossoms. In the fall, when the apples ripen, their red color provides a striking contrast to the green canopy. That’s just about the time to start a harvest.
- Apr 14, 2021 · Winesap apples are a popular variety of apples, which have very dark red skin. They are round and usually medium-sized with a delightful and tender taste. The dark red skin of the Winesap apples is firm and hard. The flesh of Winesap apples appears creamy yellow and is very juicy.
- Oct 27, 2017 · Hey Adam- I ordered 18 of winesap and 18 of Stayman from honeycrisp.com. I have sampled one of each and liked one better than the other but in looking at the apples, I am wondering if I didn't just get two mixed boxes. In the box marked winesap,there are many with the little white dots.
Did you find the information you are interested in about Winesap Apples Massachusetts?
We hope you have found all the information you are interested in on Winesap Apples Massachusetts. There is also a lot of other information related to wine on our website.