Test For Diagnosis Of Swine Flu
If you need information on Test For Diagnosis Of Swine Flu, then you are in the right place.
- If your healthcare provider examines you and thinks you might have H1N1 swine flu, there are a few tests he might use to diagnose you. The most common is a rapid flu test. This consists of a nasal or throat swab that provides rapid results in the office in under 20 minutes.
- Sep 29, 2009 · Currently available rapid influenza diagnostic tests cannot distinguish between 2009 H1N1 and seasonal influenza A viruses. Most people with flu symptoms this season will not require testing for 2009 H1N1 because the test results usually do not change how you are treated. As of September 2009, more than 99% of circulating influenza viruses in ...
- Jun 26, 2012 · To test for swine flu a nose or throat swab is taken. Within 15 minutes, the laboratory may tell if influenza type A or B is present. The specimen of the …
- May 10, 2010 · Diagnosis for swine flu is a complicated process that requires blood samples to be drawn and it may take a few days before confirmed results are available. Most cases are diagnosed as swine flu based on the symptoms and the likelihood of a person having being exposed to the condition through a check of recent travel history and the possibility ...
- We found that the antigen tests had poor sensitivity to the virus when used in a subgroup of 21 patients in the Australian intensive care cohort with severe 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus infection ...
- Feb 23, 2018 · The most common are called “rapid influenza diagnostic tests (RIDTs).” RIDTs work by detecting the parts of the virus (antigens) that stimulate an immune response. These tests can provide results within approximately 10-15 minutes but are not as accurate as other flu tests.
- Feb 04, 2019 · Table 3: Nucleic Acid Detection Based Test Rapid influenza diagnostic tests (RIDTs) detect influenza viral antigens in respiratory tract specimens. Available RIDTS detect and differentiate between type influenza A and B viruses, but do not specifically identify or differentiate subtypes of influenza A viruses.
Did you find the information you are interested in about Test For Diagnosis Of Swine Flu?
We hope you have found all the information you are interested in on Test For Diagnosis Of Swine Flu. There is also a lot of other information related to wine on our website.