Queenstown Wineries Nz
If you need information on Queenstown Wineries Nz, then you are in the right place.
- Queenstown is the gateway to the Central Otago wine region, with its six sub-regions: Gibbston, Cromwell/Pisa/Lowburn, Bannockburn, Bendigo, Wanaka and Alexandra. Each subregion has its own distinct climate, with nearby Gibbston the highest and coolest. The first grapes were planted near Queenstown in 1864.
- Taste Central Otago’s finest vintages or enjoy a Queenstown winery lunch. The best wineries near Queenstown offer wine tasting, delicious dining, and the chance to meet the winemaker with winery tours and events. With 75 wineries only a 20-minute drive of Queenstown, and over a hundred more within 40 minutes, you’re in the heart of the world’s southernmost wine region.
- Jan 29, 2020 · The Gibbston Valley is located around a 25-minute drive from Queenstown and is one of the newest wine regions in New Zealand. The first vines were planted in the valley in 1980 by Alan Brady, however, the first commercial vines were not planted until 1983.
- Apr 06, 2017 · Peregrine’s first vintage was produced in 1998, and the vineyard specialises in Pinot Noir, Riesling, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay and Sauvingnon Blanc cultivation. Peregrine Wines, 2127 Kawarau Gorge Road, Gibbston Hwy, Queenstown 9371, New Zealand,+64 3-442 4000. Peregrine Winery © Jocelyn Kinghorn/Flickr.Author: Thalita Alves
- The Cromwell Basin, Bannockburn and Bendigo together account for a majority of wine production in Central Otago. Located a short drive from Queenstown, it is home to celebrated wineries such as Mount Difficulty, Rockburn, Felton Road and Carrick Winery – all with cellar doors.
- Renowned as one of the finest dining experiences in the Queenstown region, Gibbston Valley Winery Restaurant offers a Central Otago wine and food experience featuring seasonal selections made of the freshest ingredients and matched with our range of award-winning wines. Open daily from 12 pm to 3 pm.
- Amisfield is a Central Otago based specialist producer of pinot noir and aromatic white wines. Visit our Bistro & Cellar Door at Lake Hayes, Queenstown.
Did you find the information you are interested in about Queenstown Wineries Nz?
We hope you have found all the information you are interested in on Queenstown Wineries Nz. There is also a lot of other information related to wine on our website.