If you need information on Layon Wine, then you are in the right place.
- History and Soil: From around 1579, the vineyards along the banks of the Layon were developed mainly by Dutch merchants, The local wines had high alcohol levels (16-17%) which meant they travelled well; high The wines were well-suited to Dutch tastes, and their high quality (and therefore price) meant they were able to bear the export tax levied by Brittany. The process of harvesting the grapes affected by …
- 26 rows · Dec 31, 2019 · Coteaux du Layon is the largest of the sweet-wine appellations in the Loire …
- It shouldn’t be a surprise that vignerons of the Coteaux du Layon have honed sweet wine making to an art since Chenin Blanc at varying degrees of sweetness is all they do. Their wines, which prove to be amazingly long-lived and display a fine balance between sweetness and acidity, were much appreciated by the Dutch in the 1500s.
- Appellation within the Anjou area of the Loire wine region, named after the Layon tributary of the Loire. The area has been famous for fruity sweet wines since the 4th century. The area comprises around 1,400 hectares of vineyards on slate and sandstone terraces in 27 communes along the river.
- Buy Coteaux du Layon wine online at Total Wine & More. Find the best selection & prices on over 8,000 wines. Pickup in-store or ship to select states.
- Coteaux du Layon is a French appellation located in the Loire wine region. It is known for their sweet Chenin Blanc (Pineau de Loire) wines that are produced from late harvested or noble rot grapes. Typical aromas found in these well-balanced wines include acacia flowers, honey, and yellow fruit such as apricot or quince.
- Half Bottle (375ml) Coteaux du Layon St Aubin, Domaine Michel Blouin, Loire, France, 2014 (Half Bottle - 37.5cl) $ 14.58. $ 29.17 / 750ml. inc. 20% sales tax. Go to shop. Vinatis France. France: Rhone-Alpes.
- Appellations Coteaux du Layon, Coteaux du Layon “Villages” These regions are dedicated exclusively to the production of sweet white wines. While delicious when released, they can age from five years to many decades. Vineyard Location: This appellation covers 27 townships and one village in Maine et Loire alongside the Layon, a small tributary of the Loire. […]
Did you find the information you are interested in about Layon Wine?
We hope you have found all the information you are interested in on Layon Wine. There is also a lot of other information related to wine on our website.