Hospice Beaune Wine
If you need information on Hospice Beaune Wine, then you are in the right place.
- Hospices de Beaune Wine Auction: each year, professionals, connoisseurs and wine lovers gather on the weekend of the third Sunday in November for festivities in the purest Burgundy tradition. Hospices de Beaune Wine Auction 2020 The Hospices de Beaune Wine Sale will take place on Sunday 15 November 2020.
- In 2009, Albert Bichot created hospices-beaune.com to enable all wine lovers to buy at the auction from just one bottle. Hundreds of satisfied customers have trusted us to fulfil their dream: participate in this unique Hospices auction easily in full confidence.
- Nov 06, 2020 · Hospices de Beaune is well provided in wines from Beaune itself: 10 different 1er cru cuvées delivering all the nuances of style that Beaune can offer. The tasting notes below will indicate the varying styles from one cuvée to another. Cuvée Cyrot-Chaudron and Cuvée Rousseau Deslandes might suit those seeking a wine which will be accessible ...
- Sep 28, 2020 · The Hospices de Beaune, which has become a major wine estate, established the first charity wine auction in 1859. The revenues still help to finance part of the hospital's operating costs and the maintenance of the Hospices, which has become a …
- The Hospices de Beaune wines are not the only fine wines that are sold ‘en primeur’. It is the same for the most prestigious Bordeaux ‘crus classés’, but these are sold in the March following the harvest when the wines are around six months old. (NB: The wines from the Hospices de Nuits are sold in the March following the harvest).
- Sep 14, 2020 · Hospices de Beaune Wine Auction 2019 The Hospices de Beaune Wine Sale will take place on Sunday 15 November 2020. The Wine Sale festivities will take place over the weekend of 13-15 November 2020. Professionals, connoisseurs and simple wine lovers meet for 3 days of celebrations and tastings, in the pure Burgundy tradition.
- Nov 17, 2017 · The Hospices de Beaune is perhaps the most famous of all charity wine auctions. Its story starts in 1443, when the iconic polychromatic-tiled Hôtel-Dieu in central Beaune was built to tend the sick. Over the years, the charitable cause was given vineyards among other donations.Author: Peter Richards MW
- Since 1859 the town of Beaune has hosted an annual charity wine auction known as the Hospices de Beaune. The event is held on the third Sunday of November at the charity’s headquarters, the Hôtel-Dieu, a fifteenth-century hospice famous for its extravagantly tiled roof. All profits go to supporting the Hospices and its charity work.
- Nearly 2 months after the excitement of the annual wine auction at the Hospices de Beaune, we went to the Hospices’ cuverie to pick up our prized barrel. It’s a Volnay 1er Cru ‘Santenots’ Cuvee Gauvin (could you have missed our earlier posts?) and we’re as excited today as we were at the event.
Did you find the information you are interested in about Hospice Beaune Wine?
We hope you have found all the information you are interested in on Hospice Beaune Wine. There is also a lot of other information related to wine on our website.