Hillebrand Estates Icewine
If you need information on Hillebrand Estates Icewine, then you are in the right place.
- Community wine reviews and ratings on 1995 Hillebrand Vidal Oak Aged Icewine Estate, plus professional notes, label images, wine details, and recommendations on when to drink.
- Hillebrand Showcase Cabernet Franc Icewine Ontario, Canada. Benchmark. Cabernet Franc from Ontario. Upgrade to PRO to view data from the last five years. Search Rank Over Time. Popularity relative to other wines, spirits and beers, irrespective of vintage, based on the number of searches from Feb 2019 to Jan 2021
- Critics have scored this wine 89 points. Users have rated this wine 4 out of 5 stars. Ontario is the most populated and prolific wine producing province in Canada. The long establishe ... Stores and prices for '1997 Hillebrand Trius 'Trius Vidal' Icewine, Ontario' prices, stores, tasting notes and market data.
- Despite having been first produced in British Columbia, it was in Ontario that the Icewine industry began to flourish. In 1982, Peter Gamble, a young winemaker from Hillebrand Estates (started in 1979 as Newark wines) tried to make icewine for his personal use, but …
- A few years before, in 1982 Peter Gamble, a young winemaker of Hillebrand Estates tried to make icewine for his personal use, but an unfortunate accident spoiled the experiment. A year later icewine caught the attention of Donald Ziraldo, the cofounder of Inniskillin Wines, coincidentally also in the Vincor stable now, and Karl Kaiser, his ...
- Hillebrand. It takes great grapes to make great wine. Our focus is in the vineyard, and only the best goes into every bottle. Hillebrand is pure winemaking, in every sense. It takes a wine maker who knows each barrel of wine so well he can tell you about the unique aromas and flavours of each.
- Feb 27, 2011 · Hillebrand Estate Winery was founded in 1979 by Joe Pohorly, making it one of the first wineries dedicated to the making of fine wine in the Niagara Peninsula. It started out as a small winery called Newark, which was sold and renamed Hillebrand. In 1983, Hillebrand was the first Ontario winery to successfully make Icewine.
- As Niagara’s Icewine pioneer, the Trius Icewine collection features varietals that regularly bring home medals from across the globe. Each year our winery welcomes thousands of passionate wine enthusiasts to grow their love of wine and food through one-of-a-kind winery tours, Chef Dodd’s delicious farm-to-table dining experiences and ...
- Sep 16, 2020 · In 1983, Joseph made the first icewine for Hillebrand and, in the process, became one of the early Canadian icewine pioneers. He made 90 cases of icewine from Vidal, of which 50 cases were sold to the LCBO in 1984. Whether the 1983 Vidal icewine Pohorly made was actually “Canada’s first commercial icewine” is up for debate.
Did you find the information you are interested in about Hillebrand Estates Icewine?
We hope you have found all the information you are interested in on Hillebrand Estates Icewine. There is also a lot of other information related to wine on our website.